Announcing Two New Events!
Supportive Gathering For Wives/Girlfriends of transgender people, and Supportive Gathering for Parents of my teen clients.
Reply to this post or email/call me directly to participate in a Doodle Poll as to a date. My plan is to gather either before or after the holidays, for an afternoon coffee with a presentation, discussion/support, and time to share and ask questions.
Cost is $35 and since this is a clinical service, you may send you insurance info to my biller (see Fees/Forms for the form and what insurance I can accept. She needs to receive this information several days in advance of the meeting.) If there is enough interest, an ongoing meeting may be offered.
Topics for Spouses/Significant Others Gathering:
- What your partner is going through: fear, secrets, shame, “adolescence once again,” “me, myself and I”, transition: just hormones or the whole works?
- What about me? Leaving/staying; codependency/ boundaries, sexuality, trusting/feeling betrayed, self-care, planning a future
- Our kids and grandkids: how do different ages react to my partner’s coming out? Who tells, and when? How to avoid being caught in the middle
- The Neighbors, Our Church/Business/Employer and Friends: preparing your “elevator speech” and keeping your dignity in the face of judgments.
- Happily “Even After”: family milestones and how to manage your feelings
Topics for Parents Gathering:
- Does our child know for sure?
- I don’t believe it.
- And what is this ‘non-binary’ thing?
- Risks, benefits of hormone therapy: how soon? Are effects reversible?
- Our kid wants surgery! Now what? Who pays for it? When should that happen?
- Will my child be safe out there?
- But they won’t be able to “have kids” someday
- When and how do we tell extended family, neighbors?
- Is school going to go along with our child’s transitions?
- I feel guilty/resentful/embarrassed
- Our religion has only criticism about transitioning
- My child also is on the Autism or Aspergers spectrum
- What resources are here in Denver to help our family?
- What are the current controversies in treating Gender Dysphoria?